Due to Border restrictions, need to be a NSW resident or Doctor that is already in NSW.
This Major Regional Hospital, is located in North East NSW, approximately 5 hours from Sydney. The town thrives with cultural activities offering Art Galleries, Museums, a Conservatorium of Music, Libraries is still requiring locum coverage for nights in the wards.
The rate is $2750/day and we provide accommodation and travel.
The dates are:
- Wednesday 22 September – Sunday 26 September 2021
- Monday 27 September – Friday 01 October 2021
- Monday 04 October – Wednesday 06 October 2021
- Sunday 17 October – Sunday 24 October 2021
- Wednesday 27 October – Sunday 31 October 2021
- Monday 01 November – Sunday 07 November 2021
- Monday 08 November – Sunday 14 November 2021
- Monday 15 November – Sunday 21 November 2021
ROLE DESCRIPTION: The role of the Night doctor is to provide cover to the wards for acute issues that cannot wait until morning. On-Call registrars (Surgical, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, and Anaesthetics) are rostered and available after hours to provide additional support if required by the night doctor. There is a paediatric SRMO/Registrar and ICU SRMO/Registrar on site 24/7. The Night doctor primary job is to cover the wards. In exceptional circumstances the Night doctor may be asked to assist in ED. The Night doctor is responsible for patients admitted under medical, surgical, orthopaedic, rehabilitation, obstetrics and gynaecology, psychiatry and palliative care teams. This includes surgical, orthopaedic, medical and gynaecological patients on the paediatric ward and inpatients remaining in ED due to non-availability of inpatient beds. Medical patients are covered by their admitting VMO/Physician/Psychiatrist on call and need to be notified if there is a significant change in the patient’s condition. The Night Ward doctor role is to keep the patient safe until the morning.
When there is a local night RMO on shift the locum will be the admitting SRMO overnight for ED and is expected to provide guidance and support to the local night RMO.
- Current Specialist registration with AHPRA
- Current CV and 3 recent references
- Current Medical Indemnity Insurance
- Recent Australian work experience in a similar role
- Current National Police Certificate
- Valid NSW Working with Children Check
- eMeds online Certificate
To hear more about this role or other exciting vacancies, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us today 07 3200 0509.
If this isn’t the ideal position for you, but you have a colleague that might be interested, point them in our direction! Ask us about our current Gift Card Promotion.
Reference Number: 8081
Contact Details: Veronica