0800hrs – 1630hrs (Mon – Fri) 16 – 27 November 2020 (incl) @ $140p/hr (PGY2+)
0800hrs – 1630hrs (Mon – Fri) 1 February 2021- 19 April 2021(incl) @ $140p/hr (PGY2+)
The role will include occasional rostered overtime and very seldom rostered surgical assist to oncall consultants.
- See all medical admissions and decide on their management including obtaining the services of specialist medical staff when necessary
- Provide clinical care of all medical patients on assigned ward ensuring ward rounds are completed,
- comprehensive medical records for each occasion of service are maintained and the review of all patients
- prior to discharge.
- Discharge patients from assigned ward ensuring patient has appropriate prescriptions on discharge with
- patient discharge summaries being completed and returned to Medical Records.
- Ensure the relevant consultant is aware of any admissions to assigned ward and of any deaths on the
- ward with consideration of the need for referral to Coroner.
- Supervise the Medical Resident/Intern and act as clinical resource and teacher for medical students and
- junior doctors.
- Provide on call shifts as rostered on HealthRoster.
- Respond to METcalls.
- Complete or assist as requested with the completion of legal and police reports on patients seen.
- Attend educational and clinical audit activities organised by the Hospital and be prepared to participate in
- these and other quality programs.
- Manage and develop people, inspire direction and purpose, optimise business outcomes, manage and
- reform change, and optimise rostering capability.
Showing a commitment to effective handover, given the competing priorities within a busy clinical setting.
- Health Service reliance on locum medical officers.
- Developing strong working relationships with a multidisciplinary workforce.
About the job
Job type: Casual locum contract
Department: Medicine – SRMO – PGY2+
Roster: 0800 – 1630
Rate of pay: $140 per hour
This Medium sized Regional Hospital, is located in Far West NSW, approximately 5 hours from Adelaide. It’s a Medium sized regional mining city with stunning museums and other attractions and the event calendar is always full, so perhaps you could extend your stay!
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Current CV and 3 recent references
- Current Medical Indemnity Insurance
- Recent Australian work experience in a similar role
- Current National Police Certificate
- Valid NSW Working with Children Check
- eMeds online Certificate
To hear more about this role or other exciting vacancies, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us today 07 3200 0509.
If this isn’t the ideal position for you, but you have a colleague that might be interested, point them in our direction!
Reference Number: 13703
Contact Details: Veronica