Your privacy is important to us. This statement outlines Xigent Locums policy on how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use, store and disclose the personal information we hold and reflects our commitment to you. It applies to all operations within Xigent Medical Pty Ltd, trading as Xigent Locums ("Xigent") in Australia including visitors to our website
Adherence to RCSA Code for Professional Conduct
As a Member of RCSA Limited we must take reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of information obtained in the course of our professional practice.
We must also take reasonable steps to ascertain the extent to which any information we collect may be confidential.
RCSA administers Disciplinary & Dispute Resolution Procedures which you may have access to if you consider that we have breached any professional obligations.
The Australian Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 (C'th) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012apply to Xigent Medical Pty Ltd (trading as Xigent Locums)
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal information you should contact the Privacy Officer at Xigent Locums on 07 3200 0509 during normal office hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org any time.
We are committed to being open and transparent about how we manage personal information
Collection of Information
We will only collect information that is reasonably necessary for one or more of our tasks, functions or activities.
We do not collect personal information just because we think it could be useful at some future stage if we have no present need for it.
We do not routinely conduct criminal history checks and only do so in order to obtain relevant criminal history with regard to particular jobs you are offered or for which you are shortlisted.
We do not collect or use personal information for the purposes of unlawful discrimination.
We may decline to collect unsolicited personal information from or about you and may take such measures as we think appropriate to purge such information from our systems.
Type of Personal Information Held
Personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into the following categories:
- Candidate information submitted and obtained from the candidate and other sources in connection with applications for work;
- Information obtained from the candidate to facilitate payment for work;
- Work performance information including references and feedback;
- Information about incidents in the workplace;
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes;
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships;
- And other information obtained or received by us in connection with a doctor's possible or actual work placement
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information under the Australian Privacy Act 1988. It is information or opinions about you, such as membership of a professional associations; criminal record; health information, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or affiliations, or philosophical beliefs. We will only collect Sensitive Information from you if you consent or if the collection of the information is required by or authorised by or under an Australian law. As outlined in the Australian Privacy Act, sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
How your information will be collected
Personal information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our application forms, together with any other information in connection with your application for work.
Personal information is also collected when:
Purposes for which we hold personal information
- You complete our registration or information forms, or provide any other information in connection registration with Xigent;
- You complete Scope of Clinical Practice & Credentialing Applications for facilities;
- we receive or give any reference about you;
- we receive results of enquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- We receive results of enquiries that we might make for information required for your job placement, such as to Medicare Australia, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Department of Immigration (Visa Entitlement Verification Online) and the Australian Business Register;
- we receive the results of any competency, medical test, or background check;
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- We receive any complaint, information about any workplace incident in which you were involved, or other information from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- you provide us with any additional information about you;
- electronically through our telecommunications and technology systems - see the section in this policy on electronic transactions;
We primarily collect, hold, use and/or disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- Employment placement operations;
- Staff management;
- Risk management;
- Client and business relationship management;
- Marketing services to you; but only where this is permitted and whilst you are registered with us;
- Our management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- Statistical purposes and statutory compliance requirements;
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing, and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you